Whether your company has a large digital marketing budget, or you’re a startup looking for ways to save, integrating search engine optimization strategies into your website functionality and copywriting is simple and costs nothing. Notching a spot in prominent search results should be a vital part of any marketing strategy in today’s digital age.
In 2015, the top five organic search results on the first page of Google garnered 75 percent of click-throughs, while the top Google results net 32.5 percent of the average traffic share.
It’s not impossible for small businesses to land in the top five Google search results, or even land the top position for keywords they want to rank for. Here are four simple strategies your business can immediately implement that can have a positive effect on your search engine optimization efforts.
- Make Sure Your Website Works
- Write With Keywords in Mind
- Use a Free SEO Plug-In
- Create Shareable Content
Content marketing is an essential part of SEO because:
- It increases the likelihood your pages will be shared. This brings more awareness to your website, which may increase visitors and time spent on page, which positively impacts SEO.
- New valuable pages that are keyword-optimized are created. This increases the likelihood a search engine will recognize your website for the keywords you want to rank for and be more likely to display your website in search results for those keywords.
- Content marketing posts may be shared on other sites, which creates positive backlinks. The number of sites that are positively recognized by search engines that link back to your site in their own content reflects well on your site in terms of SEO. If a blog or news site links to your content and reaches a significant number of followers, that helps drive traffic back to your site, while also increasing the chances of your content being shared by others, thus creating more positive backlinks.
Besides creating shareable content to be hosted on your own site, offering to guest blogs on other reputable sites is also beneficial, in that you can include links back to your site within the content that you write, or in your author bio on the article.
Read full article here: http://www.sitepronews.com/2016/02/08/4-easy-tips-to-improve-search-engine-optimization/